James is a principal at Cahill Financial Advisors, Inc., specializing in comprehensive financial planning and goal oriented investment management. Since entering the financial services industry in 1993, his knowledge as an advisor, tenure as a small business owner and experience caring for an elderly parent have proven to be assets to his clients.
James joined Cahill Financial Advisors in 2009 and considers the decision to join Cahill and practice under the Fiduciary Standard among his best career decisions. “The fee-only advice model reduces conflicts of interest and creates greater emphasis on the quality of advice our clients deserve. Equally as important, the team here at Cahill Financial Advisors shares my passion for high quality service.”
He has been quoted on financial matters in local columns as well as Forbes, The BBC, Investors Business Daily and U.S. News and World Report.
James and his wife, Laura, live in Chaska, MN with their three children. Outside of the office, he enjoys family time, reading, outdoor recreation, movies and traveling to national parks and places of historical interest.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Investment & Risk Management
- Retirement & Education Planning
- Principal — Wealth Management – Cahill Financial Advisors
- President – Bluestone Wealth Strategies, Inc.
- Financial Advisor – Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- Sales Consultant – American Express Financial Advisors
- Life Underwriter – The Prudential Insurance Company of America
- B.L.A. – Texas Tech University
- Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- MIT Club of Minnesota Personal Finance Panelist: “Planning for Retirement and College Tuition” 2012
- College Possible & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Money Matters” 2015, St. Louis Park High School, Robbinsdale Cooper High
- College Possible & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Budgeting 101″ 2012, Bloomington Kennedy High School
- MN Business Venture & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Investing 101″ 2011, St. Cloud State University
- MN Business Venture & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Paying for My Lifestyle” 2019, University of St. Thomas and St. Johns University
- Financial Planning Association
- Texas Tech Red Raider Mentor Network – Active Volunteer
- The National Association of Personal Financial Planners (NAPFA)
Blog Articles by James
The GI Bill of Rights: From America’s Greatest Generation to Gen Z
October 15, 2019
Why Community College May be The Best Deal in Town
October 15, 2018