James is a principal at Cahill Financial Advisors, Inc., specializing in comprehensive financial planning, goal oriented investment management.
Since entering the financial services industry in 1993, his knowledge as an advisor, tenure as a small business owner and experience caring for an elderly parent have proven to be assets to his clients. He has been quoted in local and national news columns and recognized for excellent advice and service throughout his career.
James joined Cahill Financial Advisors in 2009 after establishing his career in the broker-dealer industry, and he has never had a second thought over his choice to advise under the Fiduciary Standard. “Next to my decision to become a financial advisor, my transition to Cahill has been the best decision of my career. The fee-only advice model reduces conflicts of interest and creates a greater emphasis on the quality of advice we give our clients. Equally as important, the team here at Cahill Financial Advisors shares my passion for high quality service and advice.”
James and his wife Laura live in Edina with their three children. He is an avid non-fiction reader and enjoys traveling to National Parks and places of historical interest. Outside of the office, he enjoys family time, outdoor recreation, movies, and attending college sporting events.
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Investment & Risk Management
- Retirement & Education Planning
- Principal — Wealth Management – Cahill Financial Advisors
- President – Bluestone Wealth Strategies, Inc.
- Financial Advisor – Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- Sales Consultant – American Express Financial Advisors
- Life Underwriter – The Prudential Insurance Company of America
- B.L.A. – Texas Tech University
- Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- MIT Club of Minnesota Personal Finance Panelist: “Planning for Retirement and College Tuition” 2012
- College Possible & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Money Matters” 2015, St. Louis Park High School, Robbinsdale Cooper High
- College Possible & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Budgeting 101″ 2012, Bloomington Kennedy High School
- MN Business Ventures & Best Prep Financial Matters: “Investing 101″ 2011, St. Cloud State University
- Financial Planning Association
- Texas Tech Red Raider Mentor Network – Active Volunteer
Blog Articles by James
Why Community College May be The Best Deal in Town
October 15, 2018